We want to prioritize access to those who are most under-resourced and marginalized when it comes to biblical tools. It’s time for 100% of the world’s population to have access to the biblical languages. For that we need a team of volunteers. We need YOU.
We want to equip the global Church with access to the biblical languages so that they can do quality, sustainable Bible translation and create contextualized, theologically-sound biblical resources in every language where it’s needed. This is one of the most fundamental elements that any translation or church needs. We aim to do this by providing all our resources as Public Domain so that they can be translated into the strategic languages of wider communication. This is a massive undertaking.
That’s where you come in.
How you can help
- Pray for this ministry – Please remember us, we need your prayers!
- Subscribe to Alpha with Angela – Subscribe, watch, like, comment and share these videos. Your interaction will encourage YouTube to recommend the lessons to other viewers. We want these lessons to reach people of all language groups!
- Share Alpha with Angela on other social media platforms.
- Promote these lessons in your community – Tell others about Alpha with Angela and promote the importance of the Biblical Greek for Bible translation.
- Start a Greek learning club in your church or community – Gather some friends and start learning biblical Greek together. Watch the Alpha with Angela lessons together and practise speaking Greek to one another. Soon you will be reading scripture in Greek together!
- Give – None of this would be possible without your support. Please visit the GIVE page to become a financial partner.
- Translate the video titles and descriptions into your language (see below).
- Offer your unique skills (see below).
Skills and help needed
- Artists/Animators – if you’d like to donate your artistic skills to help the world learn Biblical Greek (and get your work seen by thousands of people), please send us some samples of your work!
- Administration – Help with administration like managing the website, social media posts and other administrative tasks.
Do you have advanced Koine Greek skills? Please write to us and tell us about yourself and your background/training in Greek. You could be part of one of the following teams:
- Grammar lessons: I need a team to produce simple written grammar lessons to accompany the video lessons. Experience with teaching using comprehensible input methods would be an advantage, but not necessary. (See Grammar Lessons for Aleph with Beth as an example.)
- Transcripts: Add images and keys to the Greek Lesson Scripts and/or check for typos.
- Reading Fluency: Create easy Koine Greek reading fluency material, like simple short stories and easy Bible stories.
- Resources: I need someone to regularly scour the internet for good, free Greek resources and update the Resources page. Anyone studying Koine Greek, please suggest which free resources you have found useful in your studies and why.
Your help will free me up to focus on publishing the lessons more frequently!
Please make sure to contact us first to find out if someone has already translated into your language and for further instruction. We need volunteers from the list of languages below to help us with the following tasks:
- Translate as much of the Free Greek. Forever. website as possible.
- Translate the channel name and description.
- Translate the titles and descriptions of all the videos and playlists.
- Translate this script for the introductory video, About Alpha with Angela, so that we can add subtitles in your language.
Urdu, Devanagari script (ur-Deva)
If you would like to help email: [email protected]