How it works
Anyone Can Do It
- Explore this website and our YouTube channel and get a feel for what’s available. Make sure you don’t miss the playlists that helps you focus only on the lessons and quizzes.
- Make a plan for how you want to use the videos, whether that be in a classroom, for self-directed learning, or homeschool. A textbook is not necessary to learn Greek with our videos. If you want to use one, you can, but it’s completely optional.
- Make sure to watch the lessons in order, because with each lesson we’re building on what came before and assuming you already are familiar with the vocabulary and grammar presented in earlier videos. You can do this easily with this playlist.
- Practise saying the words and phrases out loud, because this will help you internalize the language and feel like you own it. Watch the videos as many times as you need to start understanding.
- Strive to be comfortable learning like a child. That means being ok with ambiguity for a while.
- Watch the quiz videos after every few lessons to check your progress or use them as revision. You may be surprised how much you’ve learned after just a few videos! Even if you can’t remember all the vocabulary on the quiz, don’t worry! The most important thing is that you recognize and understand the word when you hear it. If you have had a break from learning Greek and feel you have forgotten, you can use these quizzes as revision and then carry on studying from where you left off.
And don’t miss the further recommendations for studying the biblical languages by Bethany from Aleph with Beth in the video below!
For Use Offline
If you’d like to share our videos with others who have limited or no internet, or just want to have the videos available offline, this free, safe program allows you to download our entire YouTube playlist with one click.
If this option doesn’t work for you, you can download our videos one by one from Odysee.
Are you a Greek Teacher or a Church Leader?
If you would like to learn more about how you can help your students or church members learn Greek through our resources, we’ve designed this page for you!